Saturday 11 April 2009

First Ever Embroidery


I used to do cross-stitch when I was younger (I was even part of my cross stitch club at school... I was one of the cool kids), but I found it a it restricting and time consuming.
I really liked the idea of being able to take a drawing and reproduce it with embroidery straight away with NO CHARTS (cross stitch charts used to make my eyes go funny!)

I was really inspired by this image I found on MadisonCraftStudio's etsy.


I drew the design onto the fabric in pencil before I started, but I mostly just made it up as I went along. The pencil lines to follow weren't very useful as the design was more of a sketch because I was so impatient to start!

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it. I blanket stitched around the edge because I thought about crocheting round it like a doily, but I realised I would need to buy a hook which is small enough.

Any ideas of how I can use this will be super appreciated!

No comments: